One of our on-going aims (2015/16) is to improve communication between home and school, we regard this strong partnership as a very important part of our whole school ethos. Over this academic year we have:
- Ensured that parents are kept well informed with weekly newsletters. (Recent survey said they were very informative 100% response)
- Introduced weekly emails to parents from class teachers, giving information about class learning and events.
- Arranged an Autumn term meeting to inform parents about the new assessment arrangements.
- Given parents an Autumn term report, using the new assessment model at Parent Consultation meetings.
- Arranged a Marvelous Maths Morning (Spring Term) to show parents calculation methods and give open access to all classrooms.
- Arranged a parent’s meeting to discuss our school improvement priorities and results from the recent parent’s survey.
Future events include:
- 16th March Open Science Afternoon – to inform parents about the primary science curriculum and give open access to all classrooms.
- Summer term (date to be confirmed) – an ICT/Computing showcase open day.
- Autumn Term (date to be confirmed) – a parent’s writing workshop